Pages

Wednesday 7 February 2018

Do You Know What I Did During The Summer Holidays?

L.I. - Writing to recount
Writing using language features to engage readers


Complete these sentences about an event over the summer holiday. Don’t tell us what
the event was just give us enough information that we can know for ourselves.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I heard
I heard
I saw
I felt
I felt
I wondered
I wondered
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I heard waves crashing into each other like cars.

I felt a small piece of the waves gradually crawling towards my legs like lizards that had a bath.


I felt the cold breeze through my body as I stood still as a tree.


I heard the wind talking to me in a smooth voice.


I saw people screaming while running like they were pursued by slithering, sand sharks.


I wondered when the people stop running around.

I also wondered when the waves would stop crashing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 2017 - 2018 Summer Holiday held some fantastic events. My favourite event that occurred was the trip to Whangarei. Today I'm going to share a recount I created about an epic event that occurred. Also I forgot mention that there's only seven sentences. That's because we have to make our recount more interesting and the most important thing is that we have to show not tell. There is many clue in these seven sentences.

If you know what my recount is about comment down and we'll see if you are correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment