Pages

Thursday 31 May 2018

Inquiry: Ruler Reflexes

This week for inquiry, we learnt about human reactions. We had a small challenge that included simply a ruler, a partner, and our reactions. Our task was to attempt to grab a ruler as fast as possible. We were given 3 different reactions to test. Visual, where we had to grab the ruler just by watching it. No count down, go or anything. Next was aural, where we had to close our eyes, and where only told "GO" for when we could attempt to grab the ruler. No countdown, no looking, no touching, just a simple go. Finally, was touch. We closed our eyes, no words, just a tap on the shoulder letting us know when to grab. The partner that I was given was John, and we had a lot of fun working together. What we needed to do next was graph our data. Although to make it even better, we were to group up with another pair and graph all of our data in one big graph. So for this, we chose to work with Jack and Tiava. We had a lot of fun all working together, and in the end, made a pretty great graph.

Hypothesis

Sanujan - I think that I would be best at test 1 because my eyes send messages to my brain fast.

John - I think that I could be good at test 2 because I think that I am great at listening.


(Test 1)

Sanujan
John
1
24.5
16.5
2
11.8
24.1
3
0
29.7
Total
66.3
60.7


(Test 2)

Sanujan
John
1
12.6
11.4
2
12.8
0
3
27.8
15.8
Total
53.2
57.2


(Test 3)


Sanujan
John
1
10.4
13.7
2
18.6
11.9
3
13.6
21.4
Total
42.6
47

No comments:

Post a Comment