Pages

Tuesday 15 May 2018

Poetry - Two Day Wonder

This week we were working on poetry. Our task was to re write the poem in our own words after reading a poem called Two Day Wonder. My partners and I decided to take one step forward and made our poem rhyme even though the original poem didn't. For this task I worked collaboratively with Jack and Fraidoon.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winter
I struggle to wake up, as I resist to get out of my warm bed.
I was stuck in the rain yesterday, now I have a fever, and a boiling head.

I dawdle through the icy smooth floor, chuck on my uniform, and go to boil the kettle.
I felt like I slept for days, maybe I’ll even get a sleeping medal.

I chuck on my bag, and scurry my way out the door.
I need to get to school fast, because I make it back home at quarter past four!

I have half an hour left, so I need to run.
Although I forgot my lunch, looks like I need to purchase a Cinnamon Bun
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summer
As I leapt out of my bed I hear the birds carolling and chirping away.    
The bright leaves rush and gush in the breeze as they sway.

The sun peered over me like it was just waiting to give me a hug.
I say hello, stride to the kitchen, and boil the jug.

I assemble and eat my breakfast, and prepare to brush my teeth.
I then walk outside, and put up the christmas wreath.

Then I kiss my mum goodbye and dash my way to school.

But I make sure to check my bag, because that’s the school day rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment