Pages

Friday 22 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey 2017 - 2018 - Week 1 - Day 1 - Activity 3 - Bonus

This is a bonus activity for the "Summer Learning Journey".
This is the task I was set to do.
To this day, the people of New Zealand still use waka. Instead of using their waka to transport them from one place to another, they sometimes use waka in special events and in sporting competitions such as Waka Ama. Both boys and girls compete in Waka Ama boat races.

Watch this short video of a Waka Ama race. On your blog tell us whether you would like to be in a Waka Ama race one day. Why or why not?'

Video

My Answer and reason : I am not likely to be part of the Waka Ama because..
My first reason is that I hate sea because I am scared of the dangerous creatures living there esspecially sharks. Even though there are no sharks in some rivers or sea my brain keeps on thinking about it.
My other reason is that I am not a good sailor. I haven't been on a boat on my own or with my family. 



These are the reason why I am not likely to be apart of this race.
But I am 100% sure that if I join the race I would have lots of fun.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sanujan,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team. It's great to see that you've been working on these activities. Keep it up!

    Good work with this activity. I feel the same about Waka Ama racing. It can be very scary in the ocean and I'm not very good at swimming either so I understand.

    Are there any other sports you would rather partake in? I don't play any sports but I do enjoy watching them!

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You
      Ruby for your wonderful and also helpful and thoughtful comment. There are other sports I am pretty good at such as soccer and cricket and I would rather take part in them.

      Yours Sincerely
      Sanujan

      Delete
  2. Hi Sanujan
    Waka Ama is a fun sport to watch. You have to have strong arms because it gets tiring keeping the paddle going at the same speed as the rest of your team. I like your honest reasons for not taking part but I know you are really good at lots of other sports that other people might not choose to play. I look forward to reading your next post.
    Mrs A :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You
      Mrs Anderson for your helpful and thoughtful comment.
      I have learnt something new from making this blog post and also from your comment. I did not know that you need stamina for this kind of sport. That's something amazing and new thing I've learnt.

      Thank You
      Sanujan

      Delete
  3. Hello Sanujan
    Well done on finishing this summer learning journey activity. I like how you explained your reasons as to why you wouldn't want to participate in a Waka Ama race. I reckon that if you do go in a Waka Ama race, you would be great. Keep up the excellent work Sanujan.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You
      Daniel for your amazing and helpful comment.
      I am pretty sure that I would not even be able to paddle for a far distance. But I would try my best to learnt how to use a waka and I might even be able to join the Waka Ama race. After I've overcame my fears.

      Thank You
      Sanujan

      Delete