Pages

Friday 22 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey 2017 - 2018 - Week 1 - Day 1 - Activity 2

This is my second activity on the "Summer Learning Journey". For this activity I had to write a letter or note to a friend telling about our trip to New Zealand. (Instead of New Zealand I'll be writing Aotearoa since it is the Maori name of New Zealand and this task is about Waka, and Waka is part of Maori) We also have to write down how we feel.


Note / Letter...
"Hey Jim, how are you. I'm really nervous because I and one of the people migrating to Aotearoa. I am also excited because I am moving to a whole new place. This is so thrilling. I wish that I had a special Waka because I am squished and I have to share my precious food with other kids. I can't wait. I hope that I get to eat my food as soon as possible because I and starving to death. Also I hope that Aotearoa is going to be a great and safe place.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sanujan,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team!

    Good work with this letter! I like how you have talked about how thrilling it is but that you are also nervous. A lot of settlers would have been feeling that way I think!

    I wonder what sorts of things the settlers would have seen on their journey. Do you think they would have seen any creatures swimming in the sea that they hadn't seen before?

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sanujan
    Great job on completing this summer learning journey activity. Your letter to 'Jim' is great. I like how you used the word 'migrating' - it made your letter sound a lot better. Keep up the amazing work Sanujan.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete