Pages

Monday 20 August 2018

Maths Week - Scale Drawing - Tiger -




Last week, maths was really different. That's because last week for maths, instead of doing mathematical questions, we did something really fascinating called Scale Drawing. We did this same activity last year. However the year 8's today have chosen a new picture draw. This year I've chosen a tiger to draw. 
This may seem like something that is close to art and not maths, well that is incorrect, that's because during this session we were learning about Ratio and Scale Factor. The ratio for this Scale Drawing is 1:2 or also known as 1 to 2, and the Scale Factor is 2, since the enlargement is twice the size of original image. 

About Scale Drawing
Scale drawing, is a type of enlargement. In Scale Draw, we were to find an image that we'd like to draw or enlarge. After we found an image that we satisfied with, we were to print it and draw a grid over the image. The squares in the grid is supposed to be 1 centimeter square. Following that, we were to find an bigger paper. The bigger paper that we used is an A3 paper. After that we were draw the grid on the A3, however, on the A3 paper we were to double the size of the grid, so each squares on the grid is 2 centimeters square.
Once we have drawn the grid, we were to draw the image. In order to do that, we were to count squares and draw shapes that are in the counted squares. For example, if there is a circle on the top 3rd square of the original image, (printed image) we were to draw a circle on the 3rd square of the enlarged grid. 

This year I've challenged myself and drawn a Tiger that has lots of details. However last year, I drew Tigger which was fairly simple to draw. What I found hard in doing this, was enlarging my image. 
What I found easy was drawing the grid for the original image, because the image is small. I think this year I've improved a lot, and my current Scale Drawing is better than my previous one.

This Is My Previous Scale Drawing
                            

No comments:

Post a Comment